I was talking with a client recently and we were discussing the powerful impact successful change strategies can have on an organization. We were both sharing our continued surprise at how simple strategies can have such far reaching impact. Even though we have both seen and experienced it many times it is still delightful to watch the impact of successful change collaboration unfold. Our discussions led us to a past client experience. One we are proud of and never tire of sharing… Take a look. It’s a great story. And it’s a story I’d love to help create in your organization as well.
A process for collaborative change: Blueline Simulations’ “Voice of the Customer.”
1. Listen first. A series of stakeholder interviews reveals prevailing biases and mental models.
2. Build a straw man. We propose a design that is explicitly informed by the client’s own words.
3. Tell the story. We record a webinar and produce an interim report to introduce the design to key organizational influencers.
4. Test and refine the design. Stakeholder response leads us to produce a new iteration in preparation of the next step.
5. Present the big idea. The final report is a testament to the work of the organization’s stakeholders… and becomes a powerful artifact for change.